Thursday, July 28, 2011

You Can Be A Dreamer


I just stared to read The Dream giver by Bruce Wilkinson and just finished the first chapter which introduces a Nobody named Ordinary who lived in the land of Familiar. Every day was pretty much the same for Ordinary. He woke up every day and to his Usual Job. After job, he went home, ate and watched TV. All he did are almost the same day by day. Until one day he realized there was something missing from his life and those feeling grew stronger.

One morning he woke up with these words echoing his mind: What you are missing, you already have… He wandered. Could it be? Ordinary searched and searched and discovered something in the corner of his heart- a Big Dream. The Big Dream told him that he, a Nobody, was made to be a Somebody and destined to achieved Great Thing. He was excited but then realized that his Big Dream was too big for Nobody like him ( a feeling that  many of us felt) and those feeling was enough to keep him from telling it to someone but at last he could not keep it any longer and spilled it out to his Best Friend. He said “The Dream Giver gave me a Big Dream! I was made to be a Somebody and destined to achieve Great Thing!” Sounds like he has all confidence he need to pursue his dream, right? But his Best Friend said that The Dream was very big and he told him If he were him, he would not talked about the Dream too much and he did not want anyone think he is a fool. Ordinary took the idea and he did not want to be called a fool so he decided to keep his Big Dream to himself.  Day by day he did his Usual Job but could not put aside his Dream but it grew and grew and he thought that he will not be happy unless he pursues his Dream. Time passed and nothing changed and he began sick of his Usual Job and he thought that it’s what he destined for. 

One evening he went to his parent’s and talked to his father. He told him that he grew sadder and blurted out hid Dream but his father did not laugh but listen and his father told him that he also once used to have a Big Dream but instead of pursued it, he left it behind and that time his father urged him not to do the same mistake as he did. He told him: You don’t have to stay a Nobody. "You can be a Dreamer!” 

He questioned, could it be that the Dream Giver may give every Nobody a Dream, but only some embraced their dream? And even fewer pursued them? Ordinary might did not know much about the Dream but one thing he did know for sure: He did not want to repeat his father’s mistake and did not want to spend another day waiting for his Dream to seem possible. He thought his Dream is too important and too wonderful to miss. Even his Best Friend mocked him; he proudly said “I am a Dreamer!” In his Dream Journal, Ordinary wrote:
  • ·         The Dream Giver gave me a Big Dream before I was even born. I just finally woke up to it!
  • ·         My Dream is what I do best and what I most love to do. How could I have missed it for so  long?
  • ·         I had to sacrifice and make big changes to pursue my Dream. But it will be worth it.
  • ·         It makes me sad to think that so many Nobodies are missing something so Big.
I know exactly what Ordinary felt about his life and the feeling of could not spend any more day to live a life that was not his and need to start to pursue the dream that was there since the beginning of time waiting to be discovered. Once I had confidence about my dream and said that nothing is impossible or too big for The Dream Giver to make it real but somehow I walked away from my dream but lately it tickle my curiosity and passion to explore more of the dream. I can’t wait to make it happen. How?

Many parts of this writing taken from the book.

No comments:

LinkWithin