Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I Call It Nail Polish Painting



The rain poured soaking the dry land last night. It’s pretty cool and tempted anyone to pull over a blanket and sleep.  But I did not do it. I was busy looking for something through some boxes in my bedroom and I ended up digging on a bag with some old nail polishes in it. I was taking out the nail polishes and placed them on my bed when  a thought came across my mind. Paint! I am not good on painting but once Vincent van Gogh  said “If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint“, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” I agree with him. So, I grabbed my sketch book, yes sketch book then another piece of idea came up-adding thread.

Yup you can tell that they are pretty old and the quality is not good either.
  It takes time to cut and fold the thread and also gluing them on a piece of paper is another problem. While I was working on this my brother peeked through the door and I can tell what was in his mind-"what are you doing?"
Here is the work!


“Painting is the silence of thought and the music of sight.”― Orhan Pamuk, My Name is Red

1 comment:

Christy said...

Delita! Love it :) Follow my new blog! http://postcardsandpastels.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin